Friday, January 1, 2010

NOT a Resolution

I hope everybody had a good first day of 2010.  As I said yesterday I don't usually make a big deal out of the new year thing.  I fell asleep on my couch last night and woke up at about 12:15, looked at my wife and wished her a happy new year.  Then I went to bed.

I went running today.  This is my fourth week running and I wish I could tell the difference.  I'm sure there is one.  I mention that I've been running for four weeks because I would hate someone to confuse my efforts on the first day of the new year to be a resolution.  Unlike a new year's resolution, I really plan on achieving my fitness goal.  Not that other people don't find success, but I've never found resolutions to be enough.  My motivation in this case is -yes you've guessed it- becoming a firefighter.

The physical abilities test is a part of the civil service exam in Mass.  So, in order to do well overall, I need to be prepared physically as well as mentally.  Thus the running and working out.  I will post in more detail later on what I am doing exactly to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page
EmergiBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf