Sunday, January 10, 2010

Full Code

I just got off the second shift at the fire department.  We only had one call, but it was a good one.  I mean that of course with respect to the deceased and their family.  I have not had too many opportunities to do CPR and tonight I did.  It went well.  The patient was gray when we found him and a few minutes after starting compressions he was pink.  When the medics got on board they pushed epi and atropine.  The drugs and my compressions jump started his heart and he had a good pulse (a good radial pulse too).  I had to help him breath but we made his cardiopulmonary system function.  Anyway it felt good to feel confident in this setting.  One really has to be tested before knowing one's capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page
EmergiBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf