Thursday, February 4, 2010

Certification Run-Around

In Mass, EMTs need to have 28 hours of con ed credits.  I completed 28 hours of con ed credits by the Dec. 31 deadline.  HOWEVER, the Mass OEMS (office of emergency services) did not recognize me for three of those credits.  Long story short the person responsible for turing in the roster for some of the classes did not turn in three of the courses.  She said she would work it out because I completed the material.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the state to see if I will be an EMT after April 14th, my EMT expiration.  I sure hope so after completing the 28 credits, 24 hour refresher, $90 refresher fee, $150 rectification fee and two years of commitment to EMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page
EmergiBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf